Exercise your brain and see what you really know about our city! Download our weekly word puzzle, then send your completed entry for your chance to win a prize!
To celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day and in true (lockdown) party spirit, this week we’re giving away a taster box of our Mint & Dark Chocolate Magic Circles PLUS a signed copy of Steve Robert’s wonderful pencil drawing of the Spitfire. Southampton-born Steve is a historian, tour guide and artist, whose latest series of pencil drawings will be published in a book in 2021. Some of his other drawings include the QM2, Tudor House, medieval walls and many other local scenes.
How does it work?
- Our VE Day special word search relates specifically to Southampton. See the list of words that you need to find AND read a bit more about why these words have been included – how do they relate to VE Day and WWII in Southampton?
- Download & print the grid each week, with the clues. Then sit down, grab a drink, sharpen your pencils and complete the word search!
- When you’ve finished, take a photo of your completed grid and email it back to us with your full name and a contact telephone number.
- Remember to find the word made up of the 12 letters found in the coloured boxes in the grid. This word (a name) relates to WWII.
- Deadline for entries is midnight on Tuesday. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed entry. Regrettably entries received after this will not be included in the prize draw.
- If you do not have access to a printer, we’ll post the grid to you. Please email us with your name and address. However, be aware that with the current Coronavirus delays we cannot be held responsible for delays either in getting the grid to you or if we receive your completed entry after the closing date of Tuesday midnight. Postal address is Made in:Here Ltd, 10, Blenheim Avenue SO17 1DU.
- Every week, we will pick one winner at random from all the correct entries submitted. We will then notify you and send you your choice of handmade chocolates as described above, plus the signed print. The name of the winner may be published on this website and on our social media channels (Facebook and Instagram). By submitting your entry and taking part in the prize draw you agree to your name being published, if you are the winner. Note: we may change the prize to another product in our range, at our discretion.
Just so you know…we publish occasional newsletters and susbcriber-only offers, so if you’d like to receive these and enjoy special benefits, please sign up here. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Before you go: I hope you have fun completing this week’s VE Day special…do send us any feedback you have!
What are you waiting for?
Download this week’s crossword here: VE Day word search
Capsized in the Solent
On 4th March 1972 a hovercraft capsized on a voyage from the Isle of Wight to Southsea...£6.99 View product >
High Forest Farm trilogy
Young readers will love this trilogy featuring Jenna, an animal mad and headstrong 13yo with a passion for horses! By New Forest author Sally Marsh£15.00 View product >
Southampton’s Extraordinary People
Meet 16 of Southampton's best as local historians take you on a journey...delivery included!£8.00 View product >
The Mayflower in Southampton
Summer of 1620: two men are in Southampton making substantial purchases...£8.00 View product >